So Dustin has headed to South Dakota for 2 weeks which means that for perhaps the first time in 7 years of relationship with this man, HE left ME. That’s right- and let me tell you, it is SO weird being the one left at home with Pink and dishes to do and by the way, why can’t Pink change her own cat box? So I decided that the 2 weeks will be full of healthy eating, yoga classes and riding my bike as much as possible. No distractions with some husband hanging around- it’s all ME baby!
so this gets me thinking about all the times ME left HE.
1- 3 month summer to Oregon
1- 1 month trip to Oregon
4- multi-day Christmases in Oregon
1- 10 day trip to Mexico
1- 3 month trip to Germany/Switzerland
1- 4 day girls only trip with Erin, Briony and Angie (with more of these to come!! LIKE EVERY YEAR!)
Grocery list from today:
frozen blueberries (i have never bought these before EVER)
goat cheese (also a first)
the good crackers
basa fish fillet
2 jumbo cans of diced tomatoes
I got annoyed at my favorite grocery store today cause it was only 8:30pm and they close at 9:00pm but they already brought their big carts in that block the store isles and i had to squeeze my butt through and they didn’t have mushrooms and i only really wanted mushrooms so in protest which is actually punishment for me too i went to safeway who i don’t like cause it’s too flashy and all packaged up, so except for the bananas everything i bought was grown/produced in Canada so that I didn’t feel SO guilty for shopping at stupid safeway. please stupid new apple don’t start closing early and bring back the mushrooms right away so i don’t have to go across the street ever again in protest. unless i want those good frozen blueberries…
The 8 things i REALLY don’t like about Safeway: (there is really no order to this)
2. Very little Canadian grown produce- or even from Washington state, for that matter
3. the chicken is disgusting- never buy it from the 4th Ave safeway.
4. Shiney glowing piles of donuts when you first walk through the door- WHO NEEDS THAT??
5. You have to ask the pharmacist for pregnancy tests- they are kept behind the counter- WHY?
6. most meat is not labeled in origin- i wanna know.
7. their rice milk, tofu and soy products are always more expensive than DanD or new apple
8. I have bought mouldy cheese and rotten manderines there- yes, yes, i chould have checked, but if the store wasn’t so big then product control wouldn’t be such an issue, now would it?
The 2 things i like about Safeway:
1. that nice check out boy, Leigh, who makes small talk and is a very efficient bagger. Thank you Leigh.
2. they highlight in green on the signs the produce that’s Canadian grown so i can identify it easily
Breakfast: 9 grain cereal with brown sugar, blueberries and an apricot
Lunch: left over Udon (from dinner tonight)
Dinner: basa with rice and something green (kale would be good)
Did i mention i like to make a lot of lists when i’m lonely?
off to bed now!
I miss you, Dustin